Sunday, August 10, 2008

Caribbean Sand

So I have been informed that people only really visit our blog to see pictures of the kids, and right now, mainly to see Campbell. I will agree, but as I am online today and without pictures of the kids (Campbell), I have to share some pictures of my own. Sorry, I have direct orders to update the blog with Campbell's pics when I return to Iowa. In the meantime, here are some pics of fun in Puerto Rico.

First here is a picture of me in the Isla Caja de los Muertos (Coffin Island) which is a 45+ minute ferry ride southeast of Ponce the city I was staying in. I went to the island with about 50 other people from work who are here for a meeting, so no I didn't leave my family to have a 'break'
This is a 'desert island', yeah I know you wouldn't quite believe it being in the Caribbean and all. If you want to see the cacti on the island I can catch you up on this...


Here is the opposite side of the island from the former picture. There is a lighthouse (no I didn't visit it) and the beach you see is restricted such that only turtles live there.

2 comments:

crack'n up ourselves said...

I love the beautiful waters. YOu must of just loved it. By the way, your making us jealous!

Iowaspuds said...

Crack'n up---You know me, I just try to make everyone jealous! It is a very interesting place, but it would be a lot more exciting with the family...