Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day - Finally done

So Sherrie posted back in June about the great Mother's Day present that was in the works in our garage. Well a few weeks later (yeah, weeks... I need to get started now for 2011), here it is.

We had a lot of helpers (I use that term very loosely). Don't let the happy smile fool you. Dad's tools are always more exiting than the ones he has...


Nailing on the facing


Painting. Had a lot of good help on that.


Letting things dry for a last coat and some polyurethane.


And

here is what you (and especially Sherrie) have all been waiting for...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!





Now if the kids will use these new shelves/cubbies for their intended purpose...
Thanks to KnockOffWood.blogspot.com for the plans (you'll be redirected to ana-white.com), and a pre-emptive sorry to all the husbands who just got a new weekend project. There are a few things we would do differently, but overall it was a fun project, albeit much to drawn out...








4 comments:

Tom said...

Nice work! They turned out great. Now I am sure Melanie will have a few ideas for me...

Natalie said...

I have been eying these since I saw them last spring -- They turned out beautiful!

Unknown said...

Those are great! Can you brag about them to my husband? I would love some in my garage!!

Lisa said...

I love them. They look wonderful.