Sunday, October 4, 2009

Funny thing happened on the way to work...

I posted this on Facebook, but had a request for the long version of the story. So at work we were having a fundraiser and the end of the fundraiser was supposed to feature a special guest. During the fundraising campaign people had opportunities to win a meet and greet with the mystery guest. As the time approached, it was announced that the guest would be Jeff Gordon. Now I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but who wouldn't want to meet him, right. So it turned out that I wasn't picked, but a co-worker, who is less a fan than I am, didn't want to go and somehow I was asked by her to go. I don't know why, but it was a right place right time kind of thing. So here I am with Jeff. He graciously signed autographs for me and one for my co-worker (I had to pay her back somehow!). I didn't get a ride around Iowa in the Dupont car, or any perks like that, but it isn't everyday you get to meet someone who make his living driving around in a fast car!